We’re excited to announce the first Wisdom of Crowds Consulting Workshop, to be held in New York City on October 27th, 2008. It is designed especially for small and medium-size business consultancies who would like to acquire a working knowledge of how to put collective intelligence to work for their clients.
Over the years, we’ve had the chance to partner with some leading consultancies (eg, SAIC, Rand, BAH, Accenture, New England Consulting Group, Market Tools), and a host of smaller ones, to deliver creative wisdom-of-crowds solutions to their clients. Such partnerships are always rewarding and efficient because they combine our expertise in prediction markets with a consultant’s deep knowledge of the client’s business processes.
The workshop will focus practical implementation issues and hands-on experience with various software tools, so that, by the end of the workshop, the participants can be certified as NewsFutures Preferred Consulting Partners.
The one-day program will cover:
- Foundations. Prediction Markets and Wisdom of Crowds 101: principles, mechanisms, evidence, and applications
- Applications. Case studies in strategy, forecasting, innovation, and project management
- Tools. Hands-on experience with various software tools: Prediction Markets, Competitive Forecasting, Idea Pageant, and Impact Matrix
- Practice. Keys to a successful implementation: information, integration, inclusion, interface, and incentives
- Collaboration. Nuts and bolts of collaboration with NewsFutures